Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

It is a snow day around here, and I could not be more excited!  



I spent all evening in a group text with teachers panicking and praying.  It went something like this:

Teacher 1: We won't have school tomorrow...right?  Like give me a percentage for this likelihood.
Teacher 2: We're always one of the last to call it but surely!
Teacher 3:  The district to our north is closed.
Teacher 4: The district to the west is too.
Teacher 1: GUYS! The district to our east just call it!  That's a big one!!! (emoji, emoji, emoji)
Teachers 2, 3, 4: Woohoo!  Come on, come one!  We want to turn off our alarm!!
Teacher 4: NO SCHOOL!  I just got the automated call! NO SCHOOL!! NO SCHOOL!! NO SCHOOL!
Teacher 3: I'm literally crying tears of joy.
Teachers 1, 2, 4: We believe you!  Hahah! Congrats everyone!!

Hey, it's Texas!  We overreact.  We can't drive in snow or ice no matter how small the amount.  But it's really, really working for me now.

Now to what you are really interested in...the WINNER of our first week's giveaway!  Drum roll, please. Brummmmmmm....
And the winner is...
Tina M.

Congrats!  If this wasn't your lucky week, check back Monday for our new curly prize.  Click here to purchase your own set of English I Shared Readings.  

Have a cozy weekend!