Craftivities and Fire Prevention Week

Hi all! I haven't blogged in so long.. how is everything going? I am very busy! Besides entertaining my kindergarteners and tutoring and teaching a little bit of piano, I have my beautiful baby Lily- she's almost 13 weeks now : ) getting so big and still oh so smart!

A Common Core concept for Kindergarten is visualizing - I created this off the top of my head while reading a book about friends on a playground.. the students listened to me read the story 2 times, and they visualized what they heard from the story, and draw/wrote about it : ) Where the smiley faces are eventually were pictures of their cute, smiling faces.  They loved it!

 Who doesn't love Zero the Hero? : ) My kinders love announcing wherever he "is"... we often see him in calendar when we are counting by 10's on our 100 chart... but he can show up at any time! This is a wonderful freebie from Foxwell Forest : ) Definitely show her some love if you download!
 Fire Prevention Week was this week... we had a firefighter visit our school and I made sure to do fun activities with my kids.  They each wrote a fire safety tip to add to their portfolio.  A lot of them said that fire is only for grown ups.. but they were pretty creative (see below: Don't mess with fire hydrants!)  This adorable freebie can be found here from Jane Loretz!
 Another great freebie that my students enjoyed was from Sara Connell: Stop, drop, and roll crowns! My kids have been wearing them proudly all week!  Also, there were these cute printouts that the nursery teacher showed me with gluing spots on a dalmation from 1-4.  I decided with my kindergarteners since they were doing great with numbers, we would count 11-14 spots using q tips and black paint! They loved it and it was a challenge for them to keep track of counting and place the black spots on nicely. 
 So excited for this activity from All Students Can Shine! Her craftivities are some of the cutest I have ever seen.  You HAVE to check them out : )

For now, I must go to bed.. I have been working hard all day and I need some energy for my kinders tomorrow! Thank you so much for being a follower and sticking with me.. I will hopefully have more time to post soon :) I am hoping to have a HUGE birthday giveaway in November so be on the look out for that ;) 

Here are a few new products I just updated onto TPT:


I would love for you to become a follower on TPT... my goal is to get to 1,000 followers! I am about 100 away, but hopefully it will happen within the rest of 2013 :) :)